Friday, August 3, 2012

Time Flies

I really can't believe it's August already. I don't know where the summer has gone. After the wedding, we went to Indiana with Aubrey and her girls and Emily, Andy and their girls. It was fun, but hot. We walked around Notre Dame and saw Touch Down Jesus and went up to St. Joseph, Michigan and walked in Lake Michigan. We also went to Shipshewanna and shopped at Amish stores. HyeIn has been here over two weeks already. She goes home next Wednesday and is sad to leave. She has been doing a lot of visiting with all the kids she met here. Two days after she leaves, we pick up Cigdem at the airport. She was here 11 years ago, and this is her first time back. We're very excited to see her again. This brings up another thought. I sit here and start to reflect on my life. It has really been amazing. I think back to when I was a teenager and all the stupid things I did. No need to go into them. Let's just say there are times I am surprised I am here. Kim and I have been given the responsibility of raising 5 kids and they all turned out great. I'm not totally sure how that happened, except God had a lot to do with it. There are times I just can't believe how blessed my life has been. We have gotten to know 11 kids and 1 teacher from other countries and stay in contact with them. We have been foster parents to several kids and now get to raise Alair. Back when Kim and I were first married,I never even thought about all the possibilities we could experience. Now I know the sky is the limit. It's a lesson learned later in life, but that's ok. I probably wouldn't have gotten it earlier. My mom and dad lived through the depression and I think that made them always very careful about getting too happy. Your world would be crashed if you enjoyed it too much. I know you shouldn't boast or take things for granted or just get cocky, but God gave man the world to enjoy and I feel very joyful and thankful for my life. I pray God continues to bless us with experiences and new people. I will no doubt have more to say about this at a later date.

1 comment:

Bald 1 Salesman said...

God bless you wife! I'm glad we are the journey together.