Saturday, June 14, 2008

Erik came home last night from his new job ha has for the summer. He works for Ziegler-Cat. They are in oartnership with the school he goes to in the diesel mechanics program. He stays in a towm home the company rents with 3 other guys in the same class. 150.00 a month rent. Not bad at all. He brought his laundry home as he does every weekend for me to do. Yeah, don't say it. Any way, I got to thinking that if his apartment is this nice they must have laundry somewhereon the property. Erik says yeah, right in the apartment!!! Go figure. It's nice to have him home though.

Tomorrow we will be taking Dad out for lunch. Who ever can come. Most of the kids won't be here. We learned a long time ago that it's more important to all get together when we can and not necessarily on the holiday or birthday. I don't play the guilt card. My mom did and I didn't like it. When you get married you have to respect the "other side" too. Also our kids live long distances away. We are all getting together next weekend in Duluth for the marathon any way.

I've got to start cleaning soon. Emily and her boyfriend and his mom, who we haven't met yet, are going to spend Thursday night here. I really need to get going!!!

No comments: