Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We had the first rehearsal for our local "beauty" pageant last night. I'm on the committtee, but the other lady is really in charge. I do make the sashes and donate them. We will rehearse again tonight and then the contest is on Friday.

My Dad's only sister passed away last Friday and the funeral was yesterday. She was 91 and hadn't been real well for a while. It's getting more and more that these are the only times we see relatives. Everyone is so busy all the time. It's too bad. My brother and his wife were there and neither even acknowledged us. They haven't talked to me since our Dad's estate was finalized. He thinks I cheated him, but everything was done how Dad wanted and by the law. And besides, I'm not the one that got over 500 acres of farm land and 3 farm sites. It's sad though. I asked him to just agree to disagree and he said no because I{me} think I'm right. I guess he doesn't understand that that's what agreeing to disagree means. Thay didn't invite us to either of their kids weddings. I talked to our Pastor and he said that I've done what I can and now it's up to him. We told our kids there won't be anything to inherit. We're going to spend everything so they don't go through the same thing. Money can do terrible things to people.

On a lighter note, I had lunch with my husbands sister, two of his cousins and his only living aunt on Saturday. It was really nice. Two of his cousins will be running inGrandma's Marathon in two weeks and so is our 26 year old daughter. This is her third time. Our whole family is going up there and staying with one of our married daughters, It should be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Crazy lady, huh? It's me, Mom! I finally read your blog and thought I'd leave you a comment. And if you don't know what you're doing, then God help the rest of us!