Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Speaking

April 10th was the 8th annual dinner fund raiser for CVLHS. There was a wonderful pork dinner and great desserts. Two students talked about their trip to Germany and then the German teacher talked. Then it was my turn. As the day went on, I got more and more nervous. I did have notes and got flustered only omce. I wanted to get accross to people to just try these schools. There really is a need to arm our kids daily with weapons they can use against the assaults of the world. It must have been a good idea, because when I was done Andrew Boll, the administrator spoke of arming the kids just as " Mrs. Lloyd has said."

On Saturday, I attended a shower for the bride-to-be of a son of one of my friends from school. I guess it's pay back time as I have asked several friends to showers for my kids and now I am getting asked. It's nice to be on this side though and not have to think about all the wedding drama that can go on and just enjoy the time with friends.

Alair and Claire had dance pictures in the afternoon. They went quite smoothly.

Sunday the kids came for dinner. Louise and Al came also. I got lots of Birthday cards and another purse from HyeIn. It was very nice. I was starting to get nervous already though.

I am coming along on the dresses for Mummes. Although I am starting to panic about getting HyeIn's prom dress done. I want to start it Monday. I can only hope.

No comments: