Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Motivation

I have been thinking about how I get things done lately, or don't. I have realized that if I have a deadline of some sort, compamy coming, wedding, graduation, etc., I get a lot done. The problem is, I generally know how long it will take to do things. I don't start until I have to. I don't rush and I get done usually as the people are coming in the door. It's the same with sewing. I am making Brandon's baptism outfit for this Sunday and I got it cut out yesterday. I will sew it today and tomorrow. I have other projects to do in the house, painting and cleaning. I just am not motivated to do them because there isn't a deadline. I have had sewing jobs to do for people and they have said no hurry. I finally got around to it a year later. Really! I also realized that since I reached a certain age
, I get distracted easily. I just go from one thing to another. That never used to happen to me. Also, I am a morning person. During the school year I get more done as I get up and get the kids out the door. Now I have a 5 year old who likes to sleep in and my sewing is out in my shop. It's hard to leave her in the house alone. She could play outside but it had been raining alot this year. It is right now. So what do I do? Read blogs and wait for her to get up, eat breakfast, get dressed and by then it's lunch time. It's hard to rush Alair. I will go out for an hour or two and get Alair set up with some art project and then it's time to get supper ready. I sometimes go out after supper if I need to get something done soon,which I probably will do tonight or tomorrow. I also do better if I have several things to get done at the same time. I really do well under pressure. The busier I am, the more I get accomplished. Isn't that profound?

No comments: