Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Got to Thinking.....

When we had little ones, we would got to my parents for Sunday Dinner most Sundays after church. My brother, his wife and their children would be there and sometimes our sister and her kids. Dad always loved these days. Mom did most of the cooking until her car accident in 1987. We would stay the afternoon and usually find something for supper also. Dad always played with the grandkids and they loved climbing on him. He would carry around a fussy baby for what seemed hours. After the accident we would bring meals down there at times, but found it esier to have the family here at our home. Which we tried to do often. Holidays were here and my siblings and families would come some other times, but not so often. Flash forward to now.... Most of the kids come here for Sunday Dinner,after church, most Sundays. Kim's sister and her husband come often. The kids stay most of the day and then find supper out of the leftovers in the fridge. I get to rock little ones to sleep in the afternoon for their naps and usually fall asleep with them. I just love these days and hope I am blessed with many years of Sundays.

No comments: