Monday, August 29, 2011

St Paul Farmers Market

Friday, as Kim, Alair and I were driving home from shopping in Mankato, I got the idea to go to the St. Paul farmers market on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. I called Kris Felber and we decided to go the next day instead. Kris and I had talked about meeting there earlier in the summer. We got there about 9am and were just in awe. The first thing we saw was a stand with the most beautiful flowers. Alair picked out a dark purple arrangement and it only cost six dollars. There were so many vegetables and they were quite inexpensive. Needless to say, we bought a lot. Next, we went to Grand Avenue and ate at Axel's Firepit. The food was very good and they had a nice gluten free menu for Kris. After that,shopping! There's a nice yarn store down the street and I got some wool felting things there. We also went to Penzys spices and bought some interesting smelling things. There are other stores we want to go to the next time we go up there, hopefully this Saturday with the kids. On the way home I was trying to come up with something to make for dinner on Sunday and DUH,vegetable soup. It was very good.I also made a raspberry pie. Yum!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I heart Penzeys. :-)