Thursday, January 26, 2012

On Being Grandma

I never realized before that being Grandma is a full time job. That's not a bad thing, but I do have to be flexible. Emily is trying to get Corine to use a bottle so she can go to work without her. She just works part time(12 hours a week) and can bring her. She did at first, but now Corine wants more attention and Emily is working for Thrivent and doesn't do money and is learning money, so it doesn't work well. Sunday after lunch, I tried a bottle of breast milk on Corine. It was slow and she didn't really like it. Then I rocked Natalie to sleep. Aubrey put her in our bed and then I rocked Carly to sleep. She stayed on my lap. Monday I had the "dance run". It starts at 1:50 and goes until 4:45. Tuesday, Emily and girls came over, ate lunch and I rocked Carly to sleep again. Wednesday was my turn to take Claire to ECFE. Then babysat Carly while Emily had a work lunch. Rocked her again. Last night Natalie was throwing up and Aubrey is staying home today as she got no sleep either, but she is bringing the girls over later so she can shampoo the rugs. Tomorrow Kim and I hopefully are going to buy our washing machine, but it depends what comes up. Saturday we are babysitting Brandon so Andy and Christine can go to his work's Christmas party. Sunday, we will have dinner and it starts all over again. Don't get me wrong, I love having them all here. I love it when they cry when they have to go home because they want to stay with Grandma. I just don't get as much done as I would like and I just have to be ok with that. Alair and her nieces and nephew are much more important and I want them to remember coming here often and playing with our toys and rockimg with Grandma.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

That's what I want too, I have very fond memories of spending time with all of my grandparents, and I hope Claire and Natalie one day realize that they are very lucky girls.