Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day

So it's Labor Day. Alair starts school tomorrow. She will be in second grade. I don't know where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny infant we were fighting to adopt. Now she is seven and full of opinions and ideas. Claire will be starting kindergarten tomorrow at the same school Alair is attending. Aubrey will take her there and she will ride the bus here with Alair in the afternoons. The summer has just flown by. With the wedding and trips and exchange students,it has been the shortest summer ever for me.That's ok,I don't tolerate heat and autumn is my favorite season. I love the fall colors, but I guess there won't be many this year because of the dry, hot summer. Aubrey and I went shopping and got her pattern and fabric for a new dress. I will start tomorrow after the opening chapel service at Alair's school. I am looking forward to new projects and trying new things. I also think I will buy fabric to make another chasuble for our church. Hopefully blue and ready for the advent season. The first one I made was red and ready for confirmation. I want to make all colors if possible. So today we are invited to Swedberg's for a spitted lamb. I has become kind of tradition. I am making bread to take. I told Alair we would go swimming tonight and get her stuff ready for school. Hope she gets to bed at a decent time.

No comments: