Monday, January 12, 2015

House of Living Stones

I have been kind of ADHD for quite a while. I can't seem to stay at one thing for very long. Especially reading. And I love to read. My mind goes from one thing to another. I preordered House of Living Stones by Katie Schuermann.  I started reading it in November.  I'm almost finished with it. 2 chapters left. It os a very light story about an LCMS congregation in a small town. Very light reading. I can't believe how long it took me. I was happily surprised when about a week before the book arrived, I got a hand written card from the author thanking me for my purchase and hoping I like the book. I do.
 More on the wandering mind.....I start in the kitchen doing dishes, then unload the dryer. I carry the unfolded laundry into the living room and drop it in the basket. I see some of my 33 year old daughter's things sitting on a table that she left here. I take it in the kitchen and do some more dishes. I then check face book and go into the bathroom and clean out the sink. I will iron 2 shirts and then decide I better start in my latest sewing project. Load the washer and dryer, oh yeah...finally finish dishes. Phone rings and talk to whomever....where was I? Right...vacuuming the living room. This is by 10:00 am. I am not kidding. Probably why I can't spend much time reading.

No comments: