Monday, July 11, 2011

The Zoo

Chris and Allison and Evelyn came down this weekend and wanted to go to the zoo. So after listeneing to the weather for several days we decided to go on Friday. Very warm, but not so humid. We went right after lunch. It was a lot of fun and everyone was totally exhausted after 5 hours of walking in the heat. We went to eat supper at Chili's and it was really good too. I had fajitas and they were so tastey!

Saturday, Allison and I went to Walmart to get a few things for supper.Got home and finished getting supper ready. The kids were all here for lunch and then we all went swimming. Little ones took naps and some good friends came for a visit in the afternoon. Kris wanted to see my shop. I have been organizing it. I didn't get a chance when I moved in last fall. I am sorting all the fabrics and notions etc. It's a huge mess out there, but I showed them anyway. For supper Erik, Ashley, Andy, Christine, and Brandon joined us. Alot of food was consumed and it was another late night. We ate leftovers for lunch on Sunday and then Allison and Chris leat for home.Emily and Andy soon after and Aubrey and girls stayed for naps and then left. It was so quiet. Alair and i went out to the shop and started clening again. Alair wanted to look through buttons. I have large containers from my Mom and Kim's Mom and my own collection. Our parents lived through the depression and always cut buttons off garments before disposing of them usually after they were totally worn out. Sometimes I feel guilty for not doing that myself. If Something has really cute or different buttons,I will keep them, but not just regular ones. Anyway, Alair stayed at it for 3 hours, sorting and picking out her "special ones". I think she really needed some time to unwind after the busy weekend. I will have the shop done in a couple days and then can start sewing again. I will also do more organizing in the house. Still gotta get Alair's room done.

No comments: