Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blame

Our German exchange student, Nina, asked a boy to prom several weeks ago. Since then, this seemingly nice boy follows her around constantly. He was here for supper a few weeks ago and was polite and said the table prayer with us. I generally watch when new people come here for a meal to see how they react to us praying before we eat. I think you can tell alot by the look on their face. I was impressed at the time. Since then I'm not so sure. The local boys basketball team is undefeated in their conference. They have a game here Saturday night. I assumed both exchange students would go and probably Kim. Nina says AJ wants to go to a movie. I told her she should go to the game. She thought AJ would get mad, but she would rather go to the game. I said use me as your excuse. Whenever you don't want to do something just say I won't let you. Our older kids did this all the time. I think Nina should tell him that she wants to go to prom with him, but she's not ready for a relationship with any one yet. And she's going back to Germany in June.She just turned 16 in November and AJ turned 19 last week. HyeIn thinks they should just break up. I do feel responsible for our exchange students. They have to make a lot of their own decisions but I keep thinking their parents trust us with them. Not to let anything happen to them. I take that trust seriously.

The sun is out and it's pretty warm today. Another storm is to come Sunday into Monday. Thry're not sure how bad it will be yet. I just wish it would miss us.

No comments: